Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Teacher Easter gift

I have been missing my crafting, a lot!  So, I took some time the last week or 2 to get my craft on!  I saw this idea here and immediately put the items I needed on my shopping list.  It seemed easy, I had most of the supplies already and it was darn cute!  I decided these would make a super cute Teacher Easter prezzie.  I love the saying "egg"stra special, so I used that to complete my gift.

 These particular baskets went to the preschool teachers today.  We won't see them anymore before Easter so I made sure to get them ready for today.  These handles look super crooked in the picture but I think I sort of molded them a little more before they left the house.  Using the wire, it is really easy to play around with it.

The teachers both "awwww"ed over them and said how cute they were.  They were also happy with the chocolate.  Apparently a rainy, sleety, cold April day produces teachers to crave chocolate. :) 
And my little girlie was so happy and proud to give these to her teachers.  She was very particular about which teacher got which basket...even though I thought they should be opposite of her, I let her pick.

In our baskets are just some paper grass, a bunny cookie that we made over the weekend, a couple reese's peanut butter eggs and a plastic egg full of jelly beans.  I tried to fit more in there but it wasn't working and I wanted it to still present nicely.

I pretty much followed Stacy's tutorial exactly.  I used the different kind of craft glue but it's what I had.  (note...don't use just regular old craft glue...the wire won't stick well to the ribbon...need heavy duty craft glue!)  You can really change these up to suit your needs or to make them for whomever you wanted.  I do know one little girl that would probably LOVE that rainbow ribbon so I may have to make a few more. 

Hoppy Crafting :)

1 comment: