I don't think I can take it anymore! The winter blahs (even though technically it's spring...) have not gone away! I mean, they started to since I was visiting my parents this past weekend and they actually had spring weather but here in WI...it doesn't exist! It's coming, I know it's coming (I mean, it BETTER be coming!) so in the meantime I must do things that make me happy and festive around our house.
I've been decorating for Easter with the brightest and most pretty colors I can find! But I needed flowers. I think it'll be a while before my tulips actually bloom and I needed something pronto, so the little girl and I whipped up a couple vases worth. One for the kitchen (aka..my room) and one for her room. They are beautiful and make me smile. By the way...I asked my girlie what she wanted to do today on our "home day" and she immediately replied..projects! (aka crafts) so I needed to be a good mom for her today and sit down and craft! We did a few other things too but I can't quite show those just yet :) I was very happy to put all my other work aside and just do projects. It made us both very happy!
Now, these may be replaced with actual flowers next time I go to the store, but for now they will work! You can find a very easy tutorial here!
Happy (hopefully very soon) spring!

I love these! Kind of like mini pom pom balls...so bright and festive and fun! And I totally get what you mean about the bright colors & fun needing to be in the house. Remember last year when I left the poms from Livie's party up for (way too long) a little bit?
ReplyDelete