Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Teacher Appreciation Luncheon

For the entire staff at our elementary school, the PTA sponsors a luncheon on the Wednesday of Teacher (staff) appreciation week.  I usually volunteer to bring something as there is always quite the list!  So, I offered to bring a dessert this year (naturally).  Here was my note to the mom in charge:  I love to bake so I'd really like to bring a dessert but if you have too many then I'd be happy to bring something else.  That was a lie, I did NOT want to bring shredded lettuce or tomatoes or taco shells (yep, mexican themed lunch!)  Anyway, dessert was the winner!  So, I didn't want to just bake up some brownies or cookies and let them sit on a plate, I wanted to be unique.  I wanted it to be somewhat personal.  So, I brainstormed a bit with Heather and enlisted her help to help with some graphics (my graphic capabilities are well, not good, let's just say that!) 

and I came up with the idea of chocolate covered pretzels...I mean everyone likes those, right?  They are sweet, salty, perfect for after a mexican lunch (or something like that!)  Used the Wilton candy melts and you know, made them springy and pretty!

tied them up in a little bag with a pretty ribbon and a cute saying...

cheesy sayings are the best!!

Perfect for the teachers to grab and eat there or save for later on for snack! 

Thanks for all you do teachers...we really would be in knots without you!!


On a little side note...the pretzel inspiration came from my sister's idea to have them at her wedding as favors (tie the knot!!)  So, this was also an experiment...trying to see how much chocolate/pretzels we are going to need as well as how long to they stay fresh!  Day 3, going strong!!  So I thank my sisters for forcing me to make pretzels, I think they turned out to be kind of a cute teacher gift too!!

1 comment: