See this baby?
He is going to be the cause of all kinds of soreness tomorrow I'm sure!
My boss made up a challenge for all of the trainers called the Kettlebell Hell Workout. He designed it (without trying it...silly guy!) and we were allowed to "practice" it throughout the month of May but this week is designed as the "competition week!" We have a dry erase board up in our office so everyone's times can be written in. You can try the workout as many times as you want. It has to be timed with this specific stopwatch by another trainer and there are a few rules with how how the kettlebell has to swing and when it has to touch the ground etc. Nothing big, just details so no one cheats. I hate cheaters! So, I was the first to try the workout out about 2-3 weeks ago just to see what it was like. I didn't push myself real hard, just kind of kept a steady pace...didn't really time it, just glanced at the clock, about 14-15 min or so. So, naturally I decided I was going to be the first to put a time up on the board. I mean then people will try to beat me and I can still do it again (if I can find the time that is) if they do beat me. I am NOT losing! There is a male and female winner...$50 giftcard to store of our choice. (oh, and naturally...bragging rights!) Let me just say one thing before I move on to the workout...I am one of the "older" or as I like to call myself "mature' trainers there. There are a couple of us that are within a year of each other and then we have a bunch of kids. Yes, kids. Ones that graduated college after I had 2 kids! There is no way I'm letting some petite, cute in her clothes because she hasn't had kids, kid beat me! Not happening! I workout hard for a reason...money apparently in this case!
Enough...on to the workout!
Women: 20 lb kettlebell Men: 30 lb kettlebell. Ready....set....GO!
-50 kettlebell swings ...not bad, gets your heart rate up a bit
-50 alternating high rows/pulls... still ok, starting to use those traps/shoulders a bit
-50 kettlebell crunches......still good. my abs are strong :)
-50 clean/press (25 each arm) ok, shoulders, now you are getting a workout!
-50 pushups (we got to do chick pushups, thankfully!) seriously, after all those clean/presses..the last 10 were tough!
-50 burpees... are you kidding me. Burpees without having to balance on a kettlebell and swing one up to your shoulder height are hard enough, now i have to balance and swing..50 TIMES!! i did it though and I didn't stop...just kept going, kind of like the energizer bunny!!
You are dying to know my time, aren't you? 12:58.29. Take that kids! (actually, I have no idea, they could've beaten me by now!!) We had a newbie training today and my boss put him in charge of "watching me" and I think I shocked him. He just kept saying, she never stopped, she just kept going, never stopped. I did for a split second. to wipe sweat off my face or it was going in my eye for burpees..that would've sucked!
So, I'm pretty proud of myself. I worked hard. and if I have to do it again my shoulders will cry outloud I think. (mind you, I lifted weights yesterday....oops!) but I didn't know I was going to do this today, I planned on thursday but my day looks pretty booked.
So, say a cheer for the old lady here. I want bragging rights darn it (and maybe some cash to buy me something cute :) or a kettlebell for my house. one or the other!!

i've said it before, but you are crazy!!!!! hope you win! you deserve it!
ReplyDeleteYes. Crazy is the only word that comes to mind here. :)
ReplyDelete