Saturday, February 26, 2011

Some healthy breakfasts or snacks

I decided I struck gold this week when I found this recipe for Cranberry Pecan Granola.  It is absolutely delish!  Lauren at Healthy food for Living has some amazing healthy recipes.  You should check them out.  I do not know her but I think I wish I did.  We'd get along very well in the kitchen!  Soccer dad was a big fan of this granola, he purposely came into the other room to tell me that, that means it was actually good, not just kind of good.  I followed her recipe with measurements but used honey instead of maple syrup (didn't have enough) and I used regular puff rice cereal instead of brown rice.  I did recently purchase the Kashi puff cereal though and will be making a second batch with that...that'll be extra healthy :)  She mentions in some of her other granola posts that you can use honey, maple syrup, agave, or brown rice syrup interchangeably in a lot of recipes which I tend to agree with, especially granola!  Doesn't it look delish?  and it's SO HEALTHY!

 Next, I tried these fantastic and extremely healthy trail mix granola bars from the same blog.  Another awesome snack.  I baked mine in a 9x9 pan and cut into squares but I like squares :)

I followed the recipe exactly but used regular puff rice cereal again and honey and natural almond butter with slivered almonds, sunflower seeds and cranberry/cherry mix.  Soccer dad was a big fan of these.  I liked the almond butter...something different.  I only used it because it only called for 1/4 cut so it was worth trying.  That stuff is expensive so I tend to savor it.  But it sure was good.  I portioned these babies out and right to the fridge they went.  Perfect to grab "on the go." 

I will be making more and more of Lauren's recipes.  Nothing more that I like than some healthy natural ingredient recipes that taste good!!  I hope you will try them, you won't be dissapointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment