Wednesday, October 31, 2012

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Happy Halloween Everyone!  While we have pretty much celebrated everything there is about halloween already, I still have a few tricks and treats up my sleeve for my kiddos!!  Everyone went dressed up in their black and orange today and us girls have our halloween socks on too!  We've got our semi traditional dinner planned tonight...Kraft pumpkin shaped mac and cheese (thanks Aunt Laura!) and mummy dogs!  The kids are super excited!  Not often they get boxed mac and cheese and hot dogs on the same night!  And carrots...because they're orange and we must have a little something healthy!  I did my usual peanut butter/jelly sandwiches stamped with the bat cookie cutter for one half and a pumpkin for the other.  Sure hope it makes my kiddos smile at lunch time.  Oh...and I threw in a little candy pumpkin for their dessert...that I am SURE will make them smile!

And because their parties were last week I asked both of their teachers if I could make a fun treat for today and they both agreed.  So...to the 3rd graders went Candy Corn M&M blondies (I omitted the oil and used another stick of butter instead and spread them into a 13x9 pan instead of cookies to save time :) and to the kindergarteners went rice krispie treats with pumpkins on top!  Pumpkins picked straight out of here:

I may indulge in a few pieces of this bag today...after all it IS Halloween!  Even though we trick or treated and collected more candy than we can possibly eat and had our halloween parties, we can still enjoy a little bit of fun today....you all know I love my themes and there's not much not to love about  a fun holiday like Halloween!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN....have a Spooktacular day!

1 comment:

  1. I completely forgot it was Halloween until about 15 minutes before we were out the door. Good thing I remembered though, as Matt was supposed to wear a costume to work (he wore Jack's costume actually). :-)

    ReplyDelete