Thursday, January 20, 2011

Roasted Chickpeas

Here's a nice healthy snack for you (if you can get over the texture)  I can and like them, Soccer Dad has some major texture issues.

I adapted this recipe from a blog (that I now can't remember...sorry!) but she had adapted it from an old Martha Stewart magazine.  At any rate, here is my version.

Roasted Chickpeas

2 cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans) rinsed, drained, and pat dry
1 1/2 TB olive oil
dash of salt/pepper
1 tsp of your favorite seasoning (i used garlic and herb)

-place all ingredients in a ziploc bag and shake shake shake
-dump onto a baking sheet and bake at 300 for 45-50 min.
(watch them, I baked for 50 min per recipe and may have overbaked a bit)
-let cool and store in an airtight container in fridge for about a week


or eat them as a nice healthy snack right now!

I happen to be enjoying them on my salads for a nice, flavorful protein and fiber punch!

2 comments:

  1. I've been making these for years - I like to sprinkle them with cayenne pepper to give them a kick!

    ReplyDelete