Sound good or not so much? Well, since I had made those
bars the other day, I had a little leftover pumpkin. I was getting my breakfast together last night and thought, same old same old...yogurt with kashi. Oh, wait, pumpkin. Hmmmm.....soccer dad thought I was disgusting and he LOVES his pumpkin. I did it anyway to pack my very plain natural nonfat Dannon yogurt full of extra flavor and nutrition and you know what? not bad! I might even purposely open a can of pumpkin for this. (I'd better quick grab some as it is no where to be found pretty soon!) I'm sure this would be even better with vanilla yogurt but I'm trying really hard to cut sugar and artificial sweetners out of my yogurt (which is a whole other blog...). It's been a super big adjustment but I feel it's worth it. So, little things like this definitely help (at least until berries start being in season again!)
Pumpkin Yogurt
-3/4-1 cup plain nonfat yogurt (i prefer Dannon myself)
-2T pumpkin puree
-1/2 tsp cinnamon
-1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
-1 tsp agave
-Mix together in a bowl and eat topped with your favorite granola or Kashi Go Lean Crunch for a healthy filling breakfast!
Please let me know if you try this, I am anxious to find out what others think. Note: I could've eaten this without the agave, but I added it to try and make it more appealing for others and it definitely helped, took that bitterness out.
You are brave. I can't do the plain yogurt... I'd have to do vanilla or at least add a little honey or agave as you suggest. I've tried, but I figure if I don't enjoy my favorite meal of the day it just isn't worth it!
ReplyDelete