Thursday, September 1, 2011

Parent's Independence Day!

or..first day of school!

Just wanted to share a little treat that I made for some of my very favorite kiddos!  (yes, my own, but also others...)

Saw these many different places but here is my version and what I used!

Apple Rice Krispie Treats



Followed the "typical krispie treat recipe"
3T Butter
1 bag large marshmellows
6 cups rice krispies
red food coloring (I used Wilton gels)
pretzel pieces
green tootsie rolls cut into leaf shapes or green jelly beans sliced long

-Melt butter and marshmallows over low heat.  Add food coloring when almost melted and stir until all red! 
-Remove from heat, add rice krispies and stir until well coated and everything is red!
-Spray your hands with cooking spray and grab a handful and shape into balls.
-Smoosh a little pretzel stem in there and a tootsie roll leaf (or whatever you decide to use..just make sure it is sticky or it'll fall off!)  Let stand 20 min. or so to "harden"

Serve or dress up in a little bag and deliver to some awesome kids!





2 comments:

  1. The girls had one for an after lunch treat and loved them! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regular or whole wheat Rice Krispies? I still want to know the consensus on those!

    ReplyDelete