How many of you are now singing that song? Sorry, I am too!
Getting back into the swing of things after being gone on the most awesome family vacation in the world is SOOOOOO hard! My laundry pile will take me about 15 days to get through and trying to get back to cooking healthy meals and not eating ice cream every single day will take my family like 15 days to get used to (I'm ready for some good healthy homecooked food again!) and getting back into the everyday routine of waking up early and having to go to school instead of a theme park and then come home and do homework instead of going out to eat and play or back to a theme park will be a challenge but in the end it was 100% worth it! It took us a long time to save for this vacation and pick the perfect time to go but we finally did and all 4 of us had 6 full days of magic and fun!
Everytime I see these guys (and many many others) I will smile bigger and shed a tear of happiness because of all the new memories I now have of the totally awesome Walt Disney World! There is nothing like taking your 8 year old son, 6 year old daughter and 42 year old husband to the happiest place on earth for the first time and experiencing it all over again! I was fortunate to go once as a kid and once as an adult (when hubby and I were dating) and have awesome memories of those vacations as well but as a parent, its a whole new world (no pun intended :) Thanks Walt...I know you didn't live long enough to know how happy you were going to make people but you sure came up with a fabulous idea for families for MANY years to come!
And to all you Disney characters....thanks for making my little girl smile OVER and OVER and OVER again! your hugs, your signatures and your demeanor were a big part of her happiness!
And to your roller coaster designers... my boy thanks you :) Space mountain is SO awesome! yes, that was his favorite part but he enjoyed all the little things as well.
And to every single person that works in and around Disneyworld...you are amazing! You know how to treat each and every guest like they are special. Never once did we feel rushed, never once did we feel silly for asking how to get somewhere (even if it was 10 feet from where we were standing) and never once did we ever feel like we weren't supposed to enjoy every freaking second that we were there, no matter if we were walking, standing, talking, waiting, singing, dancing, or eating. Disneyworld has the best customer service in the world...something I never noticed before but have definitely learned from. I think everyone could learn a thing or 2 from them, no joke! And finally, to all those people who sweep up the popcorn and clean the bathrooms. I have never seen such a crowded place that was sparkling clean ALL THE TIME! In the rain or the sun, it didn't matter, the bathrooms were always clean and there was never a drop of garbage on the ground.
Yes, I took it in from all aspects this time around. It was a very busy trip and I may need a week or 2 to recover from the long days we kept, but boy did we all have fun...I hope we all remember this trip for the rest of our lives. I know I will :)
Sounds awesome!! Good luck on the reentry and glad you guys had a blast!!!
ReplyDeleteHooray! I love Disney SO MUCH and I'm glad it was everything you hoped it would be and more!
ReplyDelete